Saturday, August 27, 2005

The best people I have known so far

In the middle of my lunch, I had an idea of mentioning few awesome people I have known so far. They are not extraordinary but have something which makes them a little different. The names are not in any specific order :


    Joe Mocker - The silent guy who knows everything. I worked with him in the project starlight which is the core engine for most of the external web venues for sun.com. I have never seen a better listener than him. He corrects you in a manner as if he is just learning. A guy with a huge potential. I will not be surprised if he becomes a VP of some engineering team at Sun, or CIO of some company one day.


    Dr. Prabhat Ranjan - Phd from Princeton University. A scientist by profession, an Engineer at heart. I could have knocked at his door in the mid-night and he would have helped me. A guru of Linux, open and keen forever to learn new things. One of my first ideals. Last I heard, he has become a professor in some college in India.


    Dr. Shashank Chaturvedi - An ex IITian, and a chemical engineer turned physist. He was as good in C-programmning as he was in shock wave analysis. He could steer in your eyes and would find out how much you know. Last I heard he was working as a sr. scientist in a reputed research laboratory in India.


    Hideya Kawahara - The brain child behind the project lookingglass. Project looking glass is a futuristic 3D workspace being currently developed by Sun Microsystems. I love guys with passion and futuristic appeals.

    Greg Cowin - The coolest guy ever. He established atomatron and once used to be my project manager. He never called himself a manager, and used to develop codes along with the team. As clear in his goals as it ever gets and knew how to reach there.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Vinu said...

traced this blog from the sun blog => from Roller's blog. I empathize that the visa didn't work out! I am sure good things are on the way => hope to see more on your blog.

Steve Downey said...

I just happened to come across this while searching for Greg on the web. I sat across or next to him for a few years at Netfolio, and he's definitely on my list.

Ashish said...

Hey Steve!
If you remember I used to sit right next to you and we developed the login and registration component for the netfolio. Its been years!