So this was my second Coherence SIG (the first was in New York almost three years ago). This time it was all about monitoring monitoring monitoring. It was nice to meet familiar faces. Few who recognized me right away, including Jon, Peter, and with a slight hick up Desmond and Raanan. Rao from Oracle EM remembered me from my blog photo (I think I still look the same). Ones who did not, included Craig. A few I knew I have met before or worked with was good to see in the Coherence crowd. It was a good presentation from Randy Stafford and his tips were:
- Monitor everything - CPU, Network, Heap and Application.
- Different tools for different things - Jamon, sar/ksar, JMX
- Re-architect if you have to.
- No comprehensive patterns available for Grid Computing so keep yourself up-to-date
- Mission Control rocks - May be single biggest reason to use JRockit