Friday, May 04, 2007

The lost hobbies

I was talking to one of my good friends today and realized later that I had so many hobbies before. Somehow it all got lost and I am no where close to recuperate them no more. Believe me I was not this bore before, I had skills.

1. Chess - This was my first serious hobby. I started playing when I was 6 yrs old and once (at 8) almost defeated one of the well known player of the town. May be he was testing me but he did pass on some very good words and wanted me to join the local tournament. End result? If you play chess all day long, how will you pass your high school? 20 yrs on I am even afraid of looking at the chess board.

2. Cartoons - I started drawing when I was may be 12? My cartoon was even published in the local edition of the timesofindia. Now? I am afraid of even writing with a pen :(

3. Drum - Don't laugh. I could have matched every beats of pretty much any bollywood song then. Still the beats of dhol (One Indian drum) makes me religiously ecstatic. My evil relative's "You would become a drummer when you grow up" comment made it sure that I should concentrate on my studies otherwise...

Now where do I stand? It is anybody's guess if you see a blog written at 8PM on Friday night.

No comments: