No I do not mean to offend anyone and you will find some real good folks out there but you need to be cautious when you work with these professionals because you for them is just someone to make money off of, and personally I have had trouble with.
- Realtors - They are not there to help you really. They are there to make money off of you and as soon as they could. They would not or not allowed to discuss future projections and will never tell you why you should not buy one house. They will take you to the closing instead of telling next year market would be full of foreclosures.
- Car Salesman - Very few car sales men will be truthful. There payments are mostly off of you too. You buy and they make money. They will sell you anything. They are not your friends. Always check with a few and then make your decision. Check with kbb.com and edmnds.com before going to a dealer.
- Independent Contractors - Be it plumbing issues or carpet installer. Be specially alert when you get one from craigslist. The moment they get a feeling you barely know anything about it they will drain your wallet. Check with Home Depot, Lowes and/or Ace hardware before talking to one.
- Brokerage - If you could then do it yourself. Don't let them sell you some class of funds and stocks you don't understand. Typically each brokerage firm has preferred list and they will do their best to get you in. Research before signing.
- Cab Driver - Many roads lead to the same destination. Off-peak time and they will do the best to take the longest. So check with the gps phone you have before you board.