Saturday, October 20, 2007

Fantastic service...

Internet has become a strong communication channel between me and my family in India. These are the festive seasons and it has been days since I had chatted with my family on a webcam and I really wanted to. It has been two days now since the connection back home is down. I called home and found out that "they" do it deliberately so that when they fix it later can get the holiday appreciation money. "They" are the telephone linemen who deliberately disable/plug-off the connections they manage so that they can ask for "tips" when they come home and fix it. The concept is the same here when you are supposed to leave some "holiday money" in your mailbox for your mailman during Christmas. But keeping the service hostage? And if thats true, what a frustrating service!

No comments: