Thursday, October 06, 2011

Tribute to a legend we called Jobs

By the time I started my career in Software Industry Apple was no where at the fore front. It was a company that I heard people talking around me with lots of past tenses. For many months I believed it was another SGI - A cool company no one wanted. Only later that I found what it would have been liked to have experienced the storm Macintosh brought in the PC industry. First time in my life I wished I was older. For many years I was so overwhelmed by what Bill Gates had achieved that it overshadowed the aura of Steve Jobs, "Pirates of Silicon Valley" did not help. As I grew I started appreciating what Apple Computers stood for - Quality. Jobs was an icon. He brought in that sense of cool breeze. And he was the one who "Thought Differently" and succeeded. What else could anyone say but to quote this:
"Here's to the crazy ones, the misfits, the rebels, the troublemakers, the round pegs in the square holes... the ones who see things differently -- they're not fond of rules... You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them, but the only thing you can't do is ignore them because they change things... they push the human race forward, and while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius, because the ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do"

No comments: