Monday, April 23, 2007

My replies to Google's riddles

My blog clicks took me to KSquared website. Even though it is highly unlikely that Google will ever offer me a job (Their search is not that sophisticated yet ;)) but I think here would have been my replies:

Q: "You are shrunk to the height of a nickel and your mass is proportionally reduced so as to maintain your original density. You are then thrown into an empty glass blender. The blades will start moving in 60 seconds. What do you do?"
A: With all my density I will scream so loud that the person who is about to push the start button will think the blender is about to explode. Surely he will check it before he starts and if I continue screaming even when the container is not hooked, its anybody' guess what he will do.

Q: "Explain a database in three sentences to your eight-year-old nephew."
A: Database is like your Mom who keeps arranging your Clothes and Toys so that you can find them easily when you need them.

Q: "How many gas stations would you say there are in the United States?"
A: Add up the high density states which in total would be 600000 sq miles. On an average you would see 500 cars per sq miles. That means at one point of time there are 300000000 cars on road. On average an automobile tank is 15 gallons. So the total gas needed would be 450000000 gallons. On an average one gas station gets 200 customers and each fills in 10 gallons. Then on a single day, one gas station sells 2000 gallons of gas. To serve those many cars, there has to be around 450000000/2000 = 225000 gas stations.

Q: "How would you find out if a machine's stack grows up or down in memory?"
A: Use JMX and instrument it.

So anyone from Google listening?

No comments: